Skip to main content

DIY Wagon for Kimchimon

I saw a Radioflyer wagon on Shopee and always wanted to get one for Kimchimon but i feel that the cost is quite high ($32). Therefore, i had decided to make one for Kimchimon instead. I will describe how i made one for Kimchimon in this post.

Materials needed:
1) Wooden crate ( i bought a wooden crate from ezbuy back then for $15)
2) Mini wooden log pieces ( since i already have them, why not use them)
3) Wheels for carts (i bought them from Nippon Home for $4.90, but you can also get adhesive ones on Shopee)
4) Glue or adhesive (feel free to use screws too)
5) Unwanted or extra play mat (which I had to use to modify my wagon later on)
6) Thick rope for handle (can be found on Shopee too)
Total cost: $20

Tools needed:
1) Paint (colour of your choice) 
2) Screw driver

Instructions:
1) I painted Kimchimon's name onto the log pieces and glued the wood pieces to the wooden crate
2) Glued in the wheels using superglue
3) Tied a knot with the thick rope and insert into one of the gap of the crate and tie another knot to prevent it from dropping.

You must be thinking, what about the play mat and screw driver? They were not used?! The wagon was later on modified as Kimchimon loved to sit in the wagon and the wheels would always come off. Therefore, i have to screw them in. After screwing them in, i realized that the pointed end of the nails protruded out, making it unsafe for Kimchimon. Therefore, i cut the extra play mat that we had and put it into the wagon so Kinchimon can sit in it.

Here's the end product:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kimchimon and Achilles tendinitis

Kimchimon and Achilles tendinitis Last year, Kimchimon was complaining of having pain in both of his feet (heel to be exact) for quite a while and it got so bad that he cried whenever he took a step and refused to walk.  We first brought him to a TCM nearby as I was alone with Kimchimon with a lot of groceries when he refused to walk. I thought TCM might be a good idea as i don't want Kimchimon to take so much medication. The physician told me that Kimchimon might have flat foot like Dillon, which was why his feet were in pain. He mentioned that kids in his age won't usually experience that much pain and was quite puzzled with Kimchimon's extreme pain. He advised Kimchimon to rest his feet as much as possible, and probably soak his feet in warm water to help ease the pain. He also mentioned that wearing shoes with comfortable sole. He then proceeded to do some Tui Na on Kimchimon's feet. Kimchimon's feet did got a bit better during the weekend with rest, however, t...

Our New House - House Hunting

After Kimchimon turned 1, I felt that maybe it was time for us to find a home of our own. My mother-in-law's place was great, very convenient with supermarket and the train station just right at our doorstep but this tiny human needed a bigger and more toddler friendly place. This post will be about how we got our own home. Getting a house in Singapore is never easy nor is it cheap. We had some options available: 1) Build-To-Order Flats (which is not an option as it would take about 5 years to complete during the Covid period and i wanted to move out as soon as i can)  2) Sale of Balance Flat - these are flats which were leftover or the previous owner had a change of mind during the last launch (the ratio for Chinese is always 0!) 3) Resale flat (the only option for us since it is readily available) Before looking for a resale flat, I went to HDB's website to calculate the approximate cost of the house that we could afford and the type of subsidies we were eligible for (you can...

DIY Toys for Kimchimon

I had a T-shirt that Kimchimon likes the penguin print so much that I had decided to make a rattle toy based on the print. This post will take you through the steps to DIY your own penguin rattle toy and a busy board. Here's the step-by-step on how to do it: Materials you will need: - Plastic from cornflakes packaging or crinkly paper - Fabric of different texture ( I used felt, jeans, FBT shorts and my skirt) - 2 big and cute cute plastic buttons to attach the wings to the body (not too small, so they won't eat ingest it)  - ribbons if different colours and textures for sensory  - cotton for filling   Tools that you will need: - needle and thread for sewing or a sewing machine - scissors To start off, I ordered some cat bells and a teething toy on Shopee. I also went back to my mom's place to scour for some old clothes of mine for the body and ribbons to make the tags. Firstly, I drew the penguin pattern onto a piece of A4 size paper. You can download the patter...